- November 4th, 2019
- Bruce Denson
- Comments Off on What Does the Law Say About Racing on Highways?
In 1978, in Darkness on the Edge of Town, Bruce Springsteen sang- “Tonight, tonight the strip’s just right I want to blow ’em off in my first heat Summer’s here and the time is right For racin’ in the street”…
- March 24th, 2014
- Comments Off on SHOULD I HIRE AN ATTORNEY BEFORE I AM ARRESTED OR CHARGED WITH A CRIME?
If you’re under investigation or anticipating being charged, you need a lawyer now. That’s a very common question, and it has a very simple answer: YES. I can’t state that strongly enough. You should hire an attorney as soon as you…
- October 18th, 2013
- Comments Off on IS YOUR MUGSHOT MUGGING YOU OF YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS?
How the Press Uses Your Mugshot to Gain More Viewers I’m a big believer in the First Amendment. However, the rise of newspapers using mugshots to drive traffic has been of obvious concern. I’ve had many clients who’ve had cases…
- October 7th, 2013
- Comments Off on GOOGLE AND BANKS PROVIDE RELIEF FROM MUGSHOT WEBSITES
It appears that after prodding by the New York Times, Google has changed its search algorithm to give less importance to mugshot websites. For approximately the last two years, the sites mugshots.com and Florida.arrests.org have capitalized on Google’s search algorithm to make mugshots appear…
- October 4th, 2013
- Comments Off on PINELLAS COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE IS RUNNING MISDEMEANOR PROBATION
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office has taken over misdemeanor probation and they’re taking a long-needed, hard look at making the system more efficient. What You Need to Know About Probation in Pinellas The probation office will be relocating to 14500…
- July 5th, 2013
- Comments Off on RICK SCOTT RIPS BONG BILL INTO LAW
On June 5th, 2013, Governor Rick Scott of Florida approved a bill known as House Bill 49 – Drug Paraphernalia Bill (aka “Bong Bill) making it illegal to posses certain drug paraphernalia that’s intended or designed for drug use. Pipe Nightmare Initially…
- May 13th, 2013
- Comments Off on IN A DOMESTIC DISPUTE, WHO LEAVES?
In the privacy of the home, domestic violence puts a painful bruise on the lives of about 4 million people every year, and the vast majority of them are women. Besides the physical and emotional injuries a battered woman suffers, her abuser’s…
- January 31st, 2013
- Comments Off on WE’VE MOVED OUR ST. PETERSBURG OFFICE!
Bruce Denson and The Denson Firm, a Tampa Bay criminal defense law firm, moved their St. Petersburg offices. The new address is 150 Second Avenue North, Suite 1500, St. Petersburg, FL 33701. The move accommodates recent growth and enables The Denson Firm to provide…