Why Do I Need a DUI Attorney in Pinellas County?
A DUI conviction not only has immediate effects but also can have long-lasting effects too. It impacts your freedom and your future, and it can affect your personal and family life, as well as your career.
Do not simply plead without an attorney. A DUI attorney will thoroughly review the details of your case to develop the most appropriate strategy for your particular situation, working hard for the best outcome possible, such as:
- get the charges dismissed,
- reduced charges to reckless driving, or
- reduced charges to careless driving, which amounts to a civil infraction.
It’s important to contact an experienced DUI attorney as soon as possible after a DUI arrest in Pinellas County, FL. A strategy can be implemented quickly and can make a huge difference in multiple factors of your case, including whether you can drive, have to face jail time, and more.
At The Denson Firm, we have the skills and experience to strongly advocate for you when facing prosecutors and judges. We work diligently through each aspect of the process, communicating with you regarding each step.
Bruce was on task every step of the way. From the very beginning, he was able to stand out from other lawyers by communicating my options clearly and with certainty. He then executed everything that was discussed successfully. In my case, I was charged with a 2nd degree felony. Bruce was able to lower it to a 3rd degree, give me a withhold of adjudication, and keep me to 16 months of probation–which I did in 8 for good conduct…
Anonymous, Avvo Review
Mr. Denson took my case literally a handful of days before my case was to be heard in court. He did a great job and was very thorough. He even followed up to ensure the court updated their records to note my ticket was dismissed. Great demeanor and very easy to work with.
Anonymous, Avvo Review
Mr. Denson and his assistant Betty are top notch. Both of them had great professional yet personal demeanors and were easy to work with. Mr. Denson did a great job of handling my case. He saw it all the way through, even ensuring that the court updated their records and annotated my ticket as dismissed. I would definitely hire him again, but hoping I don’t need to.
Jessica Antonio, Google Review
First-Time DUI Penalties in Florida
- Jail Time: up to 6 months; if BAC is .15 or higher, up to 9 months max
- Fines: up to $1,000; if BAC is .15 or higher, up to $2,000 max
- Community Service: 50 hours; “buy-outs” can be made at $10/hour, with a typical max of one-half of the hours
- Probation: up to 12 months; probation of 12 months may be ordered instead of jail time, with an option of early termination after 6-months if all conditions are met
- Vehicle Impoundment or Immobilization: required for 10-days; not concurrent with incarceration; may be dismissed if the vehicle is driven only by employees of the defendant’s business
DUI school, alcohol or substance abuse counseling, victim impact panels, and investigative fees are commonly associated with DUI cases. Interlock ignition devices are required to be installed for a minimum of 6-months if the BAC was .15 or higher.
About Bruce Denson
Bruce Denson takes pride in always providing his clients with a high-quality, aggressive defense. As your attorney, he will:
- Consult with you to understand your case and your particular needs for resolution
- Thoroughly investigate the prosecutor’s case against you
- Speak with any witnesses
- Present motions that need to be heard by the judge
- Investigate your defense
- Represent you at trial needed
Since 1994, Bruce Denson has been involved in criminal justice in Pinellas County, Florida, and the Tampa Bay region. During that time, he has been both a prosecutor and, since 1998, a criminal defense attorney for clients facing Florida DUI charges, drug possession charges, robbery or burglary charges, rape or sexual assault charges, domestic battery charges, unlicensed contracting, and many other charges.
- Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Past President
- Former State Prosecutor, Pinellas County (1994-1998
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Past Executive Committee Member
- University of Florida, BSBA
- Stetson College of Law, JD