Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Is Running Misdemeanor Probation
- October 4th, 2013
- Bruce Denson
- Comments Off on Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Is Running Misdemeanor Probation
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office has taken over misdemeanor probation, and they’re taking a long-needed, hard look at making the system more efficient.
What You Need to Know About Probation in Pinellas
The probation office will be relocating to 14500 49th Street North with probation officers on location. Their hours are from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. Look for their entrance on the north side of the building.
Check-in and assignment will,
- Be located in Room 1400 at the CJC – eliminating the need to report to the Probation Department immediately after checking in.
- Have three people on staff
- Open at 8:00 am
Other services at this location include,
- Urinalysis – observed testing at a $30 fee
- AA and NA meetings
- Worknet Pinellas – to provide employment opportunities to probationers
- Schedule vehicle impounds – at a $50 fee, a deputy can be scheduled to meet you at your residence to put a club on your car
The New Cost of Probation
The cost of regular probation will stay the same. However, the costs of comprehensive probation will be going up.
- Comprehensive probation – $55 flat fee, plus the cost of monitoring
- Monitoring –
- $10 a day for the Scram X alcohol monitor, or
- $7 a day for the GPS monitor
The Scram X alcohol monitor is an ankle monitor and a home unit that must be plugged into an outlet.
- No phone jack is needed.
- No GPS function
- Can you tell if the ankle unit is near the home
- It can be used for curfew
The GPS ankle monitor only needs to be charged for 3 hours a day. It can be set up to have inclusion and exclusion zones. If you need more information, speak to Sgt. Ellison at 727-464-6298.
As for curfew, it will remain on a call-in basis. However, they’re looking at making this system more efficient as well.
Also, they’re currently considering changing mail-in probation to an online system for efficiency.
If you need to contact probation, their main number is 727-464-8100.
And, if you need aggressive legal representation in your criminal defense case, contact The Denson Firm today.